Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Hamburg, Germany - My travel story 2015


Photo by Bo. W
We went to Hamburg a few times, it's all in the cold weather season. The most I remember once before Christmas, the downtown of Hamburg, it very festive atmosphere, the decorations hung on the building. Many small business owners to sell their commodities in the cold wind, my husband and I ate grilled sausages wore fluttering snowflakes. I looked at my husband, along with his mouth stuffed grilled sausage pinned melted snow. Led me happy joy.

In May, we went to Hamburg travel again, this time to travel to Hamburg, season well, the weather is not cold nor hot. But Hamburg weather changes quickly, sometimes sunny, sometimes another downpour. If we travel to Hamburg, no matter what the season, must be an umbrella.

When we arrived in Hamburg, it was 10:05 am. We quickly found HVV ticket office. Bought a ticket for the two weeks, we went to the S1 Subway station. 20 minutes later, we arrived at the downtown of Hamburg, Jungfernstieg station. From Subway station come out, we saw Alster Lake in the sun, many young couples embracing sitting on the lake, swans, geese, and duck wandering in the lake. Surrounded by trees, upscale hotels, banks and government buildings located near the Alster Lake. It's like a natural beautiful painting.

I do not want to have been linked together, with several trips to Hamburg, Germany, not because the journey is not cool, not because the journey is too boring. Instead, I like to travel, I like to travel so unfettered freedom. Travel on the road there is joy, there is sadness, there is loss, and there are surprises. Sometimes a person traveling alone, but also sometimes a group of people traveling pleasure......
 
Photo by Bo. W
Go to Hamburg the next day, I decided to travel alone to Hamburg Lübeck。Lübeck, which is located more than 60 kilometers north of Hamburg, which is a quaint medieval mountain city. I take the train from Hamburg Central Station to Lübeck, it would only need 40 minutes, and the ticket is 26.30 euros. Lübeck's Old Town area is very small, it's the terrain like an oval, and I took a walking tour of four and a half hours. I would like to have dinner with my husband at 18:30 pm. So at 16:30 pm, I arrived at the train station of Lübeck. I would like to take the 16:43 pm train, arriving at 17:26 pm in Hamburg. I have plenty of time to find a restaurant online.

My plan appears to be very easy to achieve, but I waited until 18:00pm, I did not see the train coming. Guest gradually increased in the train station. Radio stations playing something notification, but has been very quiet on the railway station, passengers are waiting for the arrival of the train. At 18:20 pm, the train finally came, I do not know why, it was late. Just this time, the weather began to rain, but does not affect passengers have order on and off. I thought I was on the train, and do not affect me back to Hamburg.

The train started, despite the heavy rain of the train window, but does not affect my mood to find a restaurant. The train radio in playing what notice, I do not know German, I do not know what to say, and finally the train stopped in the rain. The rain stopped, the train and returned to Lubeck train station. There are many passengers on the train, they did not move, they sat quietly in his seat. I stood up and asked a few passengers in English, they said that even with finger movement, I did not understand. Later, I asked the young man to find out why. I know that is the train failed, maybe not back to Hamburg tonight. Young man also told me that just the train broadcast notice to play that is to inform the passengers, you can take the bus to Hamburg by train tickets. I understand that these passengers in the train. They are tourists like me. But among them, there are a lot of people either do not understand German, did not understand English. In Germany, those small and remote towns, the popularity of a second language is also very slow, if some travelers do not understand German, there will be a lot of jokes. Of course, humans still very clever, we have body language.

Finally I went back to the hotel at 21:15 in Hamburg. My whole dinner plans come to nothing. I have an empty stomach to the hotel's small café. I drank coffee and think, tomorrow I'm going to Schwerin and Wismar, and it was two small town, do not make any mistakes on the road.

The next morning, when my husband and I eat breakfast, I told my husband: Today I'm going to Schwerin and Wismar, my plans to return to Hamburg, the train is 17:34 pm. I hope everything goes well today. My husband told me that everything can be safe.

Photo by Bo. W
I follow the schedule is very serious, tour Schwerin and Wismar, two small towns. When I return to Hamburg by train from Wismar, radio broadcast on the train again. I do not understand German, I do not know what that saying. I just looked at my schedule and get off at Bad Kleinen station, then change the train back to Hamburg. When I took my ticket to ask the waiter of train: the train station is to go to Hamburg? Waiter looked at my ticket, she would not let me off. She told me: Hamburg railway workers strike, until Saturday morning. You cannot go to Hamburg from here. My God! I am so lucky these days. The whole thing makes me met.

My encounter with the same middle-aged couple, A and B, who are travelers, living in the south of the island near Seattle, USA. They speak the language, I do not understand. But the same experience, it allows us together. We went to the information center of Schwerin Hbf station, where to seek help. However, I would like to explain the problem to staff the information center of Schwerin Hbf station, A would use that lousy English to say, I think my English is better, I can speak English. New friends are so cute! In his efforts, the information center of Schwerin Hbf's staff to understand what we mean. We embarked on a train from Schwerin to Berlin, and then from Berlin to Hamburg. From Hamburg to Wismar only two hours away by train, but we came back with six hours.

At 0:34am, we returned to Hamburg. We say goodbye to each other at Hamburg Central Station. A and B, they're going to take a cruise on Saturday. And we're going to France on Sunday. We come from different countries, speak different languages, just because common experience let us know each other. We rely on body language to spend a very interesting evening. 


Each journey will be a full stop, the reality cannot be changed, but I cannot afford to break the shackles of reality. Each section of travel, left me unable to forget the memories. For me, finishing the journey, it is not only for the recollection of life, it has such a period of travel, it is more for the new section of the journey.