Thursday, June 18, 2015

Germany, Hamburg – Hamburg Dungeon

Photo by Bo. W
My friend, she said: you come to Hamburg many times and saw a lot of Hamburg's historic buildings. You'll find some interesting things, but it is also something of history. She recommended me to visit Hamburg Dungeon.










Every year I come to Hamburg, but I never thought of going there to spend my time. So, my friend, and I got up early to stand in line on a Sunday morning, in the rain to buy tickets. Now, I can tell you, if you want to visit, you will need to purchase tickets in advance. To queue time is not long, but if you have the ticket, you'll go a lot faster.

Hamburg Dungeon actors take you to buy your ticket in your group (or a couple), because first of all you'll get your photo taken beheading your friends. Then they leave, leave you in a very dark room, you are waiting to be let into the main section. They take groups of 30 people at a time.

Hamburg Dungeon is created well, entertaining, scary and fun at the same time. Those actors are great, they guide people into the time tunnel, Hamburg relive 2,000 years of shocking history, such as the spread of plague, a food crisis, a large fire. When the tour I would be afraid, I comfort myself, "these are not true."

But it is to reproduce the history of Hamburg, by way of professional actors' performances, and visitors to participate. From 1842 the Hamburg fire. After the plague and scourge of cholera in 1892, until you see the pirate Störtebeker, visitors will mimic the water sailing experience thrilling tsunami of 1717. What really feel nervous, scared. Torture torture chamber burned hot, and eerie scenes to make visitors tremble with fear.

Hamburg Dungeon, it is a hybrid, the crisscross of horror gallery and museum components. It is hidden behind the walls of many horror scenes from Hamburg nearly two thousand years of history. I want to tell you, if your heart and kidney have problems, then I think you still do not go visit.

I do not think I would recommend it for young children, but older kids and teens might like it a lot. Although the actor said in German, but with English subtitles.


Tips:

1, You can save time to buy your tickets online.

2, This museum is not for young kids. I was terrified my last visit!

3, Hamburg Dungeon is opened all year round, only closed on December 24.

    The guided tours last 90 minutes, and begin every few minutes.